Hello Illinois State Society Members & Friends,
We are excited to share two significant events we have planned for this autumn with you. Please save these dates, and RSVP today for our October event!
All-Illinois Alumni Homecoming Tailgate: October 24th
Whether you are a graduate of an Illinois college or university, an Illinoisan by birth, or just a fan of the Land of Lincoln, join us as we celebrate autumn with collegiate spirit! We are pleased to announce these outstanding Illinois institutions have signed-on to co-sponsor this event: Loyola University, Northwestern University, and the University of Illinois! We will continue to update you as more colleges and universities join in.
- Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Time: 5:30 – 8:30 pm
- Where: American Legion Post 8, 224 D Street, SE, Washington, DC 20003
- Please RSVP here to join us on the 24th! This event is free for Society members.
Bicentennial Reflections: Insider Stories on Illinois’ Leaders & Legacies on Washington
with Clarence Page & Lynn Sweet on November 28th
The Illinois State Society of Washington, DC kicks off the Illinois Bicentennial Year of Celebration with a Special Event featuring Clarence Page, Chicago Tribune Columnist and Editorial Writer; and Lynn Sweet, Chicago Sun-Times Columnist and Washington Bureau Chief.
- Date: Tuesday, November 28, 2017
- Time: 6:00 p.m. Reception, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. Program
- Where: The National Press Club, 529 14th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20045
We look forward to celebrating Illinois’ 200th year of statehood with you.
Hon. Jerry Weller
U.S. Congress (Retired)
President, Illinois State Society